The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Very Interesting Hex-Back Carrera

Thanks for posting these photos.

It's interesting that they moved the "Fisher" to the bottom of the dial . . . probably a more balanced look, a good improvement.

I would be very interested to see the full serial number, if you might be willing to send it to me privately. We have five hex-back Carreras in the range from 563xx to 572xx, so that is a relatively narrow range (under 1,000 pieces). I will be interested to see whether yours comes within this range or represents an expansion. Perhaps we are also seeing more precisely exactly when the "Ed. Heuer" transitioned to the "Heuer-Leonidas".

Interesting that you still have "Ed. Heuer" on the case-back . . . perhaps they made the transition to "Heuer-Leonidas" on the movements -- which were used for Carreras and Autavias, among others -- while they continued to use up the older cases?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Jeff,

: Nice watch!

: This is my Fisher Carrera. Also with hex back with serial number
: 57xxx but the bridge is signed Heuer-Leonidas.

: Regards,
: Amran

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE