The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 10-10-10 For 'Old' Guys *PIC*
In Response To: 10-10-10 For 'Old' Guys ()

: I've already introduced myself in Mark's earlier thread, but I sure
: would like to hear about you 'old' guys. Lots of knowledge and
: experience here abouts and I'd like to know about it. New
: members like me can use all the help we can get.

: And.....how about the one Rose among all the thorns. Sandra where
: are you?? Please tell us about yourself. :>)))

: Rick

:))... Yes...dear Rick, I was planning to post but time's always my issue...

I know it's always rare (unfortunately) to hear from a Woman that likes cars, race cars motor music, watches... I mean, boys toys!

I've always been fond of vintage race cars and Retro Mobile Race History as it started with a documentary about the God Fangio on TV when I was a kid. Feeling the way he would talk about that world... the way one could sens the great amount of PASSION in his feelings for the race, the warm friendship among companions and the description of the wonderful harmony when a driver like Fangio would caress a car and the edges of the race track... GOSH! That was enough for me to understand it all...
I therefore also came across Heuer... Mille Miglia that I LOVE, 24H Le Mans, F1, Monte carlo Rally etc... etc... I always felt attracted to men's watches but you know... the stereotype... a woman SHOULD wear a woman's watch!?! :P

My parents bought me my first watch in Geneva... a terrible small rectangular Bucherer that I never liked... and what a pain to use it... :(

In 1996, I met my husband and he showed me his collection of vintage watches (he clearly also had some Heuers)... still remember that moment! HEAVEN WAS IN FRONT OF ME!!!
I felt how my blood presure, heat went up and my eyes opened like plates... GOSH! WHAT A VISION! THAT WAS BEAUTY TO ME!!!
I understood I had fell in love FOR EVER and that a new terrible and great desease had infected me... PURE JOY!!
I since then ONLY wear men's watches... YAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :D

I jumped into vintage watches, heard about brands I had never ever heard of and always had a special feeling for the 70's, divers, chronographs and all related to sports cars, aviation, navigation... had and HAVE STILL to learn so much about this wonderful world.
My husband is my watch mentor and he of course knows way more about this watch Universe and lives it also with full passion... just shy to get into Forums. Well, at least he's wife hardly ever says... NO, DON'T BUY!! :))

Plus my pleasure to relate with Men (always way easier for me) and their toys... though I love to be a woman :)

We travel quite often to Switzerland/Central Europe so our loved watch hobby has grown in a very healthy and lovely way, visiting Museums, the mane houses, watch makers, watch shows etc... etc... a small World as we all end up knowing each other sooner or later.

My Favs? Uff! This is too hard to say... I tend to like colour on the dials and also have tend to like now the 60's Heuers... their elegance and refined look charms me.

I'll just post my recent dreamed Heuer... still have to find it like this... the pic I took from a Flickr friend... SEAFARER BEAUTY!

To end this post... just to say how happy I feel to share this PASSION with you my kind boys, clearly my congratulations and gratitude to Jeff Stein... for his effort with On The Dash I would always consult, Forum and all the sharing/help he provides us all with... WONDERFUL WORK HERE!

Greetings to all of you and will enjoy meeting some of you in Decembers London event, dinner.

Yours,

Sandra

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE