The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
10/10/10 - Noodia
In Response To: 10/10/10 for Jeff Stein ()

I was born in 1967.
I've always been attracted by collections, starting when I was a teenager with vintage vinyls from the 60s and the 70s, piling up a fairly large collection over the years.
After that, I took interest into classic cars from the same era, starting with British roadsters and GTs then moving for Italian ones.
I took/take part in many vintage motoring events and communities.
Coming from this environment, I suppose it was inevitable for me to plunge into the Heuer world at some point.
The obvious connection with the motoring world is mainly a trigger as to me, Heuer is much more than that.
It amazingly well reflects the flavors of the of the 60s/70s/80s and embodies values such as accuracy, innovation, first to market and F1 world from the "Golden Era".
From the Silverstone to the Autavias through the Carreras and others, design and colors simply drive me nuts.
My collection is making progress at a fairly fast pace, it keeps me busy and my wrist happy.
The Heuer collector is a lucky one.
None of the collections areas I've been involved into before are more well documented, supported and therefore fueled than the Heuer one.
OTD is a great community in many ways thanks to Jeff's continuing efforts and the support of many knowledgeable collectors/contributors.
Thank you Jeff and all, you're spoiling us.
It took me the whole night to figure out which models ranking I could share with you and finally came to the conclusion I just could not make it.

Yours,

Laurent

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE