The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia Prototype (with 28,800 VPH movement)

I suppose that by now a few of us have seen the Autavia "high-beat" Prototype, with the Cal 11 movement that beats at 28,800 vibrations per hour, listed for sale on Chrono24 (shown below).

I have heard about these prototypes, but I wonder:

-- what do we think of this one?

-- in what years do we believe that these prototypes were produced?

-- what other models / references did Heuer use for these prototypes -- white-dialed Autavias, black-dialed Autavias . . . maybe some Carreras?

-- who might be able to post photos of the "high-beat" Heuers, including these movements?

-- how would we detect a "high-beat" movement proudced by Heuer and one made "in the basement"?

Seller is holding this one for me, for a few more hours, so I would appreciate any opinions or information. [Of course, if others have contacted Seller, and are seeking to buy this one, I will understand that this discussion may be a little quiet.]

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE