The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
OT: Some old BMWs...

We were recently talking about the BMW 507 (or some of us were anyway) and I promised (threatened?) once again to scan some of my photos from a BMW Deutschland veteran rally when the FIZ was opened. Well, I have actually gotten round to doing it this time!

There are some parallels with Heuer and BMW. For a lot of people, BMW probably only came to their general consciousness with the Neue Klasse cars of 1962, in a kind of parallel with the launch of the Heuer Autavia in the same year. However, both companies have a heritage stretching back much further than that.

I've plucked a few favourites from a few decades to show off the variety we're talking about - hopefully at least a few of you will find it interesting!

1930s

BMW's car production started in 1929 in fact, but those were just badge-engineered Austin Sevens, more or less. As the decade progressed, they produced more distinctive cars culminating in the race-proven 328.

315/1

319/1
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3690/3191k.jpg

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE