The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The 1970s
In Response To: The 1960s ()

I was a little tempted to end in the 60s. After all, we know what happened to BMW from the 70s on, right?

Well, there's one more diversion that I think is worth taking a look at. And that's BMW's (currently) only production mid-engined car, the M1. It had a convoluted birth, with input from Dallara and production intended to be by Lamborghini. Lambo, though, was in a bit of a mess so BMW took them back in-house.

Also notable for the Procar series, I've posted a couple of Procar pics before on the forum. The M1 was originally intended to race in Group 5 as well, but FISA changed the rules and the Group 4-spec cars were instead roped into a one-make series supporting some of the F1 Grand Prix races in 1979 and 1980. They even used some of the F1 drivers for the races and the names of the two champions should be familiar: Niki Lauda in '79 and Nelson Piquet in '80.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE