The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I agree with Brook ??
In Response To: Re: I agree with Brook ?? ()

I know I said that I don't understand it, but... playing devils advocate...
Although it can be annoying in this fast n furious internet age, it wouldn't put me off inquiring about a piece.
In fact, once you do fire an email off & get a reply, you feel like you are getting a personal service. I guess some sellers want the watch to go to the 'right' buyers. In the past I've ended up on the phone to a seller having a good ol' chinwag about the watch, it's history and watches in general.
Makes a change from clicking 'Buy Now', 'Enter Password' and 'Pay Now' = All done.

Also, it gives the seller a feeling for the buyer - I wouldn't sell a beautiful Heuer to someone who won't look after it.

Stewart

: Hi all,
: I've got various experiences with the poa/por/pui. Sometimes it
: seems to be "� la tête du client" and prices differ
: by every mail. I asked a well known dealer the price for a watch
: while my wife asked the price for the same watch : price
: difference was 300€. Result : I won't buy anymore from this
: dealer.
: From another dealer I received a quick and well balanced/honnest
: answer. I was surprised of the high price, but wasn't aware of
: the rarity. If I want to buy I will contact this dealer again.
: Best regards,
: Gianni

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE