The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: One of a kind "Short pushers" Heuer Bundeswehr ?

: Not joking! The T and 3H markings do mean the same thing, so I
: don't know why some of the early Bundeswehrs have both markings.

: Have you seen Walter Manning's work into cataloguing the variations
: amongst the Bund dials?
: http://brown-snout.com/horology/articles/heuer_bundeswehr_chrono/

: He finds a number of variations amongst dials, with 3H markings,
: the T or both and we seem to see this in examples here too.

: All said, I'm not an expert in either Bunds or military watches in
: general so happy to defer to one who is but I didn't think
: absence of the T was that indicative when the 3H was present?
yes I know this work very well.
the question is to try to "match" some different problems with these watches , as for example :
1) try to understand which dials are older and which can be considered as replacements.
2) try to understand the range of case numbers used for BUND wathces and for "civvy" ones
3) which kind or kinds of dials have been used for "refurbished" BUND watches sold in the civilian market by Sinn in the 80s and 90s.
I have begun to create a database of case numbers and dials ( like the one I have begun to do at the end of the 90s for Comex watches ): for
what I have seen untill now .. dials without the small "T" are certainly not the oldest , but probably early replacements ; this is why I have
pointed the lack of the "T" in the dial.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE