The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Recent Strength in Prices for Two Register Carreras

This two register "Panda" was rare in three ways, Carrera "30" rather than the more common "45", decimal minutes version, and the contrasting registers ("Panda"). I'm not sure that we have seen this exact execution, demonstrating once again that there were so many different executions of the 1960s Carreras, with relatively low production of some of the executions. And this one seems to be all original / in very nice condition.

It seems to me that we have seen strong prices recently for some two register Carreras. This was the second one this week above $2,200. The "old days", when the two register guys sold for a smaller fraction of the price of the three register guys, were not so long ago. With the Carrera's "minimalist" styling, maybe the design of the two register guys is actually more appealing than the three register guys, at least for some collectors.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Thanks again Mark,
: I really do like the look of the 7753T 30. I thought the world of
: Autavia's was a minefield, but compared to the Carrera's they
: look like a walk in the park!
: I'm really warming to the Carreras. It still surprises me that one
: of these beauties can be had for less than a brand new TH
: Carrera.

: I wonder if my Heuer journey is reminiscent of many before me..
: start off with a diver, then a few divers, wonder into Autavia
: territory, explore the 'others' (5100's, Camaro's, Montreal,
: Pasadena), a bit of Silverstone action, then wind up in
: Carrera-land! I guess that's what is so appealing about Heuers.

: Cheers
: Stewart

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE