The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: $2,000 has been the ballpark for a couple of years.

I'm with Brook - I thought the Deci scale 2-reg watch he got for $2.2k was closer to being a bargain than being a strong price for that watch! I don't see much discrepancy between 2 and 3 dials now; in fact my spreadsheet of known sales tells me 3647s are outperforming 2447s so far this year.

I'm not sure the "discount" for 2 registers over 3 has ever been that pronounced over on this side of the pond, it might be one of those quirks by location. And perhaps my viewpoint is slightly coloured by having always been a fan of the 2 regs - it was something Chuck and I agreed to disagree upon! I definitely still see gold-plated watches at a discount to steel, but number of registers in first gen Carreras not so much. How about the followers of the other models, is it something you see there?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE