The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: My oldest Carrera and my newest

Nice couple of Carreras Shaun.

I confess that I do prefer the 45 to the 30, and the early blue Deci scale to the black, but it's a matter of small degrees - the 30s are still very desireable. And whilst Heuer probably paid Valjoux slightly less per ebauche, the savings weren't passed on; if I recall, the launch of the 7753 coincided with a price rise across the range so they actually cost the customer slightly more than a 45 would have done the month before.

And I bet you're happy you didn't sell in the end - what it would have brought 5 years ago doesn't really compare to what it would take to replace it today. And it somehow always feels more fulfilling to have "sets" of things as a collector - 2 30s is slightly better than 2x1, if you know what I mean.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE