The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Divers Collection shot

I'm trying to pare the collection down, there's so many I simply can't wear them all!

I did have a Black Coral, it went to a new home a while back. It was the 38mm model and I much prefer the 42mm cases.
Heuer never made a 42mm black coral - shame, it would have probably sold like hot cakes. As you know - I also had the full lume version, again, it was 38mm and went to a new home.

Stewart

: Fair enough! As an "outsider" to the dive watches (in
: that I don't collect them), there seem to be 3 iconic things
: about Heuer divers to me:

: - full-lume dials
: - orange dials
: - the "Black coral" cases

: Given the last one is very much a matter of individual taste
: (though it definitely appeals to what's left of the 80s teenager
: in me!), not so much of a surprise not to see one of those in
: your collection, but I had expected an orange or two :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE