The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: So Would It Be Fair to Conclude . . .

Jeff, I can tell you that my Great White originally is a white siffert with black-orange registers changed with the age in chocolate.

Some important italian Rolex collector, not expert in Heuer, asked me if it's a 1972 watch (as it is): all Singer Rolex dials fo end 1971/begins 1972 changed colour from black to brown.

This is the story of this dial in that beautifull colour: he changed like a Daytona dial!

this is a 1972 Daytona with brown compax, singer dial!

: So would it be fair to conclude that the 1163 "White
: Boy" / "Great White" was simply the predecessor
: of this 11630 (in a 1163 case), with paint on the registers that
: has faded / aged to chocolate? Of course, the 1163 had the
: Viceroy style hands (brushed steel, with colored triangular
: tips), rather than the full-on orange hands.

: Thanks,

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE