The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is this Carrera a re-dial?
In Response To: Re: Is this Carrera a re-dial? ()

I thought the same thing, that the crystal might be causing distortion, but the 'shorter' lines don't extend the entire depth of the slightly angled/beveled outer area of the sub-dial.
The Heuer shield and Carrera script also looks a bit thin. Just doesn't look quite right. That's why I was querying it - if all the elements are 'off', then I thought it might be a kosha dial, but a different generation. My feeling is that it's wrong, but I don't have enough Carrera knowledge to 'call it'.

Stewart

: Yes you are correct and in fact the same is true for all three sub
: dials. The sub divisions at the top of the sub registers are all
: longer than the ones on the bottom. I thought this was possibly
: due to the crystal but its the same on all the pictures
: including the head on shot. Its also looks to have been relumed
: but its missing the dots at 3 and 9. It could be a partial
: redial i.e. originally a N now NS but on the upside, the
: concentric rigs are still visible. I am stumped. Maybe Mark
: might chime in.
: regards
: Paul
: www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE