The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Be carefull!
In Response To: Be carefull! ()

Hi all / Abel,

I'm the collector Abel refers here =). This Carrera is from the same seller, chronoaddict.com, I bought my MG Carrera (ref. 3647N) earlier this year. Rafal, owner of the site, sells his watches under the same name in ebay as well. The MG Carrera appeared to be tampered in many ways; chrome plated donor case, repainted dial etc. (thanks Abel and Mark for all your help to identify all the problems, still much appreciated!). Very similar issues than with this one. Abel, if you still have those closeup pictures available, could you please post them here?

My story could have ended better; I managed to return the watch back to the seller but lost money during the transaction. I'd guess that MG Carrera will return into the rotation at some point, so please be careful with that one as well.

I've learned my lesson and would advice that if you are looking an authentic Carrera that has not been tampered, avoid chronoaddict.com.

Mika

: I'd be very cautious...

: Before having doubts about the dial...it looks to me the case is
: chromed (so originally a goldplated example) rather then a
: stainless steel one. It looks too white to actually be stainless
: steel.

: It wouldn't be the first time I saw this! I had such a chromed
: Carrera in for service from another collector a few months
: ago...I don't know if it would come from thesame source...please
: be carefull.

: Cheers,
: abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE