The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: KAF - why not 82AF?
In Response To: KAF - why not 82AF? ()

Good to have your input Stewart and your research certainly adds to this story. There was another 510 Lemania with the Kenyan markings as you describe on ebay at the same time as the Autavia. I assume this is the second known example after yours.

The back story with the army surplus sale is interesting and the watches all have the same engraving and degree of degradation. We can only speculate but these new finds and the source give the Kenyan link more credibility with the 4 samples that have come to light. I would have thought that if they were from Kuwait as you propose then the engraving would be in Arabic text like the Jordanian Air Force watches but again that is just speculation on my part and I stand corrected.

Once again I find the automatic a fascinating discovery and of course the consistent use of the "Arabic" dial in all three executions. The KAF had interesting taste in watches.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE