The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera v's Autavia...help !

: Thanks Sanjay
What sort of prices are you talking about?,the Carrera cost 1250.00GBP'S. I believe the Autavia Retailed at 2400.00 GBP's and the Carrera I have retailed at 1750.00. Although i have seem the Autavia at 1800.00,and it is on the Internet at about 1250.00 plus postage etc from the US,I have not seen it cheaper than that,have you?,also the Carrera i have has been seen on the Internet at about 1000.00 GBP's from the states. More to the point,from my perspective,the Carrera is just to small,as i am used to larger watchs,CWC,Breitling,Omega speedy Moon,Submariner etc,so although i really really like the Carrera and this is a beauty,i just don't think it will get worn,infact it hasn't been,since it was purchase by her indoors,and thats a shame,someone could be enjoying it. My misses doesn't want me to part with it,but at the same time agrees with me that if its not going to get worn.......well whats the point.
Any how.......what price have you seen?.

Regards
Bryan

Hi,
: The Autavia certainly will not be as valuable
: as the Carrera. I have seen several in
: jewellers (UK)discounted heavily over the
: Christmas period and on-line for super cheap
: prices!
: I agree it is a lovely looking watch with a fab
: bracelet but do do some research.

: Sanjay

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE