The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1st exec Autavia - Question for the privileged few *PIC*

What do you think of this dial? Original?

My opinion : I think (hope) it is original... but, I am worried it may have been "treated" in some way.

Thats why I wanted to ask the "privileged few", the owners of 1st exec dial Autavias.

When I look at the dial in the light but at an acute angle, the surface of the dial looks like it might have been varnished. The sheen on the dial, the way the light is reflected is very different from the dial on a 2nd exec dial Autavia, or any of the other Heuers in my collection. You can't see this in the scan (well maybe a tiny bit in the subreg dials).

Some guys told me it is due to laquer finish - is that correct? I find it strange that the dial changed finish so much between the 1st and 2nd exec dial. Anybody seen that?

Any opinions or advice?

regards
worried of london

PS: please no comments on the bezel. I know it is embarrasing. Just don't mention it, OK.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE