The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hit Them with a Low-Ball Offer . . .

local jewelry store? unless you live in Switzerland, that is one amazing coincidence. and you are sure it has the big registers?

At that price, I imagine that it could sit for a long, long time.

Here's a strategy: Visualize a low ball offer that will make them want to throw you out of the store, then deduct 10% percent from that number, pull out a roll of hundreds, hit them with the number, and see what happens. If condition is nice, might be a bargain at $1500. If they took it in trade and want to move it quickly, maybe you get a bargain. Hell, offer them $1100 and see what happens!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: reason i was asking was a local watch store
: has(assuming it isn't sold yet?) a two
: register autavia 45 just like the one
: pictured at 1900usd. i thought it was a bit
: much, so i passed. anyway, this thread
: sparked my curiosity as to whether i let a
: deal go or not? thanks for the
: clarification.

: j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE