The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
now that you mention it.....

it's very possible it had the smaller registers? it was kinda a fluke of sorts, when i noticed it. this watch store is 50%-60% vintage stuff. mostly rolexes and other gold watches like hamiltons, etc. it was definately a trade in or the former owner sold it outright? anyway i'm not 100% sure it was the big register version or the next dial version with the smaller registers, but going off of memory....it looked darn close to the one pictured in
Alistair's pic....what i know for sure...45 counter....very similar bezel to the one pictured..possibly somewhat slightly different, but close. round pushers, not fluted and nonsigned crown. a serial number (i think it was a serial #?) between the lugs, but no model number on the other side.

i did offer them 1k, but i was a bit weary as i have never seen one of these 45 autavias in person and very little online, and know very little about them....so i didn't try to haggle much. plus they were insistent on 1900, maybe i'll go back assuming it's still there and try to get a picture of it.

which is considered more valueable in dollars...the large register version dial or the smaller registers?? thanks!

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE