The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
E-Mail Received from Seller
In Response To: Re: Response from seller! ()

Here is a message that I have received from seller. I have no financial interest in this transaction; no prior dealings with either seller or any of the accusers; no intention to bid; and post this at seller's request:

Thanks Mr. Charles Rush, I appreciate the stance you have taken. And my agency's counsel believes the discussion has in fact been defamatory, especially in light of listing the auction number as the instigator has done (and that same person is currently selling "undisturbed" on Ebay).

I am the seller of the '64 Carrera in question, and have been following along.

It's the saddest thing to see grown men sitting around a sewing circle spreading gossip (negativity) like it's going out of style.

But, we are all men - and we all error.

I don't feel threatened enough by words, and rather the truth will set me free... my auction speaks for itself, and I ask all interested to visit with the Carrera and decide for themselves whether or not they want to invest in a true, unaltered, NOS piece of history.

Why this whole thing started, and what outcome was desired from such, I will never know - just think some people are truly just sad individuals looking to spread their sadness to those un-afflicted.

My best regards to all,

Louis A. Avila

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE