The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:FS: Universal Geneve Lip Polerouter Electric new price

I hear you, literally as we speak two gents posted 1600's in a row. Bracelet-less watches for around $3k. If it had original documentation, bracelet and killer condition I wouldn't mind considering a variant I don't have. But I sincerely doubt someone looking to buy their first datejust finds this forum and says WOW here it is! However if lets say, they had undercut the market to save time & fees someone here might & should consider these around $2k.

The first transaction I made here was sending $15k to a guy half way across the world in hopes of receiving what I expected, and I was definitely NOT disappointed. I wouldn't give my bank information with doubt of faulty transaction or a closed deal. I get a lot of spammers on other sites stating "I can pay more, do you mind shipping to my .." & if I doubt of their credibility, I just tell them sure you want it shipped, I have it on eBay go pay for it there.

But to sum things up, I've noticed the worst treatment here pertaining to posts is the silent treatment..

: I read the guidelines for posting on the Trading Forum and if I
: mistakenly post an item which does not fall within the
: guidelines, I will accept
: a gentle reminder and will not commit the same offense again. There
: are plenty of places to post a Rolex Datejust for sale. Believe
: me I have quite a few
: I want to sell. However the guidelines state watches with depth
: rating OVER 100m and Datejust is not there.
: I think it would be much easier to peruse the Trading Forum if
: there were less unnecessary posts.
: For one watches that do not belong based on the guidelines,
: secondly I think that the same item should not be posted more
: than once in say 2 weeks.
: If I look for a bracelet or a strap for my watch I can utilize the
: search function. I can do the same looking for a specific watch.
: So why trying to outdo one another with constant posts of the same
: thing??
: I would simply want to see the Trading Forum less cluttered. On
: another note, I do not like to see replies to For Sale posts,
: except when the post represents breaking rules or there is a
: serious suspicion that it may be FRAUD. Finally, when you agree
: to buy a watch and ask for bank details to transfer funds, be a
: man and honor the deal.

: All in all I see this as a great forum which treats all posters
: equally and represents much knowledge.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE