The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: I am sure the "only" reason you

You are obviously more emotional about this whole issue than I am. That's fine. On the other hand, your sarcasm does appear to be a little bit out of place to me, especially to the extent that it's based on arguably distorted conclusions. Read on!

First of all, I don't "deem" a "single review" as a fact. However, certain pieces of evidence pointed out in that review do appear to me as facts. Metal shavings, unfinished parts, scored holes. Those are facts. The photos, they're "substantiating evidence". If what you intend to say is that the movement was maliciously tampered with by Dr. Odets for him to arrive at his conclusion, then you may have a point. But where's the "substantiating evidence" of this?

For you to disagree with me is perfectly fine. I think the debate, in the end, is only better and the conclusions to be drawn in the end, more intelligent.

But for you to insinuate that my reasoning and my intellectual method for arguing my point is either weak, abscent, or irrational is disrespectful regardless of your intent. "My recommandation to you" is that your arguments would not suffer so much if you concentrated on replying to the actual opposing arguments instead of the person making it.

"Good luck"

: posted that review was because of its
: "factual" content, whatever makes
: you happy.

: I wish that I could take a single review and
: deem it as "fact" in my mind,
: however I usually like to have
: substantiating evidence, or other reviews
: which illustrate the same findings. I urge
: you to find another review, either in print
: or on the web which comes to the same
: conclusions as Dr. Odets...if there is one
: out there then it is news to me, as I have
: tried and have yet to find anything even as
: remotely negative as he was.

: Also, one must remember that Rolex no longer
: makes or sells the movement that is in the
: watch reviewed, and the new movement which
: is in its place has already been deemed of a
: much higher quality.

: While I would love to be able to copy and paste
: reviews from watchtime on the internet,
: unfortunately they do not publish on the web
: and I do not have the free time to type out
: the entire review....

: my suggestion to you would be that you go and
: order these backissues from watchtime and
: read up

: June 2000 (SMP vs. Sub review)
: Feb 2001 (New Daytona Review)
: October 2002 (Day Date review)

: you can also check out these internet links...

: http://turfers.com/nuggets/posts/58.html

: http://turfers.com/nuggets/posts/115.html

: good luck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE