The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Flaw in radial graining effect?

Sorry about all that's happened -- looks like you've been very reasonable and logical in your responses for sure. One thing i can say for certain: If ever i need to send my AT Railmaster 2503.52 anywhere for service, i will take detailed pictures to document the watch's condition prior to service. This way you start a trail of bullet proof documentation -- If there's a scratch, ding, mis-assembly, or foreign matter on the face appears following service, bingo, it's been documented. This evidence will clearly support what's been visibly changed on the watch.

: I wondered the same thing when Omega USA
: worked on my Seamaster.

: Yes. I sent my 2 month old Seamaster 2254.50
: in for warranty repairs, and it came back
: with a long (several millimeters) piece of
: dust next to the "S" in
: "Seamaster". There were also
: smaller dust particles elsewhere on the
: dial. Since I would never open up my own
: watches, I know for a fact that they left
: them there. Also, others have posted that
: they noticed dust particles on the dials of
: brand new watches that they had just
: purchased from AD's. So, there is both a
: quality control problem here as well as a
: lack of attention to detail when the service
: technicians work on your watch.

: Yes, that's exactly how Omega USA sent back my
: Seamaster. They used to send watches back in
: those red padded travel cases, but I suppose
: they decided to cut costs by shipping them
: inside a piece of foam.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE