The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Difficult to Find Dials / Redone Dial Hurts Value

Juko:

I am glad that you noticed this issue with the dial. I would think that other readers noticed, but did not want to hurt your feelings or "rain on your parade", as we say here in the U.S. still, it is best for you to have this information, while you may have some options with the seller.

turning to your questions, I would say that original samples of this dial are very difficult to find (and would be very expensive . . . maybe around $1,000). Also, even the best refinishing job on the dial may diminish the value by one-third to one-half the value of the watch (compared with the value of the Monaco with the original dial).

otherwise, this is a great looking Monaco, in a relatively scarce version. Maybe others here can help or at least share their thoughts?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: the printing of " MONACO " is not
: correct and i have doubts about the "
: HEUER " printing. I can let it as it
: is, but can it be done in a better way? are
: there still original dials for sale?
: any help is welcome.

: regards,

: juko

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE