The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I've only been to one (four times)...

Chuck what is up with NAWCC Regional Shows? Posted By: k [Date: 12/28/04 02:03 GMT]

I keep hearing there are tons of amazing, never seen rare NOS watches (BIG 70s Chronographs & Divers esp.) at these NAWCC Regional Shows for great prices that never make it to ebay. Then I also, hear that the night before the dealers walk around with $10k and sell to each other so the next morning its all picked over. Was considering flying to Syracuse for the next one and fly out that same night....was told I can't digest it all in one day? Is this tru or member/dealer hype?

I've only been to one Regional (I know, I should get out more), but I've been to 4 of the last 6 (there wasn't one held this year) Midwest Regional's held in Milwaukee. They rent out a medium sized expo center across the street from Mitchell Field (the Airport in Milwaukee). Truth be told I can visit all of the tables in about an hour to an hour and a half, spend about 15 minutes deciding which tables I wish to revisit to pick up stuff I've decided I want, another 30 minutes to an hour doing that, then I will spend about 30 minutes picking through stuff to buy from Ron Sabo at International Watchman. So I can do the Regional (at least the Mart) in about 2 to 3 hours. At least the Milwaukee Regional.

I don't know if it's true about dealers swapping with one another the night before the mart or not. It wouldn't surprise me. I've never seen the rare items you've heard of being traded, at least not in Milwaukee.

I hear the Anaheim and Orlando are the BIG Regionals, indeed there was no Midwest regional this year. Don't know if there will be one next year or not. If not the nearest regionals for me are Fort Wayne, Indiana, St. Louis, and Dearborn Michigan. Don't know if I want to bother with them or not.

I've always found something interesting to buy at the Regional's I've attended, but there seems to be just as much of interest to me on eBay than at the Regionals typically.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE