The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
i've been to the one in orlando.....

last year. half is clocks and other time keeping stuff. 1/4 is junk and beat up time pieces, parts, pieces, pocket watches, etc. the other 1/4 was mostly vintage chronos. alot, i mean alot of seamaster chronos, speedmasters, i saw no heuers though, but i went on the last day and late and most of the dealers had already packed up. still even though i came at the worst time, there was still alot of stuff to weed through...took me about an hour or so. in the end i bought nothing as all i really wanted was heuers, and from what i had heard those had been cleaned out on day one.

the advice i have gotten is go early the first day.

also, the different regions produce different stuff. here in florida we have miami (s. florida), which is the preferred spot of alot of s. american immigrants who can't get squat for their good watches in there own countries with unstable economies, so when they come here, they dump them, so there is lots of good stuff down here. also ft. meyers, lake county, sarasota, venice, and half a dozen more massive retirement communtities down here in florida. when retirees go, their watches usually end up staying here and end up at these regionals eventually.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE