The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
While I like '60's BRM's & Lotus and 70's Tyrell's

: Looking through the great new catalog Jeff
: posted (see thread below) I noticed a great
: picture of of Ferrari 312T2 (I didnt
: remember the designation, but google
: reminded me). That version, and the previous
: version with the upright intake (312T) I
: think was my favourite F1 car.

While I like '60's BRM's & Lotus for their slim elegant design and 70's Tyrell's for the '70's ideas on downforce. I think it's kinda hard to beat the Ferrari in the catalog that Jeff posted a couple of days back:

I believe this picture must have been taken the year after F1 banned the tall air boxes because they were getting out of hand, so Ferrari's solution was to put the engine air intake right around the windscreen. Neet and tidy in my opinion... That it has the Heuer logo upfront and high is a plus too.. (BTW, it's Lauda, someone else, then Regazzoni in this picture...)

But one could spend days looking at old F1 cars before picking out their favorite.

I'd actually have an easier time with Indy cars or Can-Am... But that's because I had more access to information about those back in the day. Oh for the "way-back" machine...

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE