The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
so two nascar races?

"Yeah, you're right... Michelin had been warned about the problem and implored to bring
adequate tires and they didn't. Virtually
all of the blame can be laid at their feet.

a major screwup , no doubt, but i'm not letting f1 management nor the fia off so easily.

"What a black eye for the series/format. After the current contract is up, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see NASCAR racing Indy's
Road course before we see another F1 race
there."

that would be odd having two races, but then again nascar fans are very dedicated...so i imagine both would sell well.

"One couldn't imagine a worse PR
disaster for all involved."

yep, and to add...it couldn't have been in a worse market, really...... on the usa race with a virtually untapped market for f1. where all the work they have done was bringing it into the general publics eyes finally. not to mention 50% of the money from the sponsors for f1 is made in the usa market. this was the worst thing michelin, the f1 management, and the fia could have done. too many politics, and forgetting about the fans. sad really.

oh well....we still have the a1 gp.:)

" -- Chuck"

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE