The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Attention Feminists: Seeking Strength and Beauty

OK, Guys, let's do something completely different: let's get in touch with our feminine sides!! [so where is Patty when we need her / why so few women collecting these vintage Heuers?]

TAG-Heuer has just launched a large, global project dedicated to the "Strength and Beauty" of avant-garde women. We have created a new OnTheDash webpage that describes this project, and I thought that it might be interesting for us to think about the idea of "Strength and Beauty" in our watches.

So let's have a Scan Day where we post photos of the watches that we feel represent this combination of Strength and Beauty. I will admit it -- I need to think through this one a little myself. The small, early watches have the beauty; the massive Autavias and Lemania 5100-powered guys have the strength; the challenging part is to nominate one chronograph that suitably captures both these attributes.

If you don't want to do the scan thing, then have a look at the three photos (shown below) and tell us which watch / which woman represents "strength and beauty" in your eyes?

Come on fellas, give me a break . . . as the father of four daughters (and one son), I've got to take these issues seriously!!

You can view the new Strength and Beauty page through the frame (below) or Click Here to see the page in a new browser.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE