The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not that I'm a feminist...

Attention Feminists:

Whoa, a moment... Get back Loretta! I may (I hope) not be a Male Chaovinist Pig, but I'm probably not a Feminist either! But I'll play along for laffs...

Seeking Strength and Beauty

Posted By: jeff stein

Date: 9/14/06 04:10 GMT

OK, Guys, let's do something completely different: let's get in touch with our feminine sides!!

Where is that frilly pink boa when I need it?!?!?

[so where is Patty when we need her / why so few women collecting these vintage Heuers?]

I think she posted last month, and we neglected to reply to her...

Perhaps we need to reply to 'em in order to get 'em?

TAG-Heuer has just launched a large, global project dedicated to the "Strength and Beauty" of avant-garde women. We have created a new OnTheDash webpage that describes this project, and I thought that it might be interesting for us to think about the idea of "Strength and Beauty" in our watches.

So let's have a Scan Day where we post photos of the watches that we feel represent this combination of Strength and Beauty. I will admit it -- I need to think through this one a little myself. The small, early watches have the beauty; the massive Autavias and Lemania 5100-powered guys have the strength; the challenging part is to nominate one chronograph that suitably captures both these attributes.

I thought about it for a moment and I came to a very logical conclusion...
Perhaps the most beautiful watch Heuer has ever produced, featuring the tough a nails (and NASA flown) c.1873 Lemania base movement.

I do have a couple of runner's up though...

Does have a quiet beauty about it. And it's hard to argue with the rugged 5100 movement.

If one seeks a more modern watch, perhaps one produced by TAG-Heuer, I'd nominate the

1964 Re-Edition with the Silver dial... [I gotta remember to position the hands properly before tripping the shutter!]

If you don't want to do the scan thing, then have a look at the three photos (shown below) and tell us which watch / which woman represents "strength and beauty" in your eyes?

Perhaps this one?
A watch and a Story updated:

Come on fellas, give me a break . . . as the father of four daughters (and one son), I've got to take these issues seriously!!

You have my (and I assume all of our) sympathies. Although the reverse would likely be just as challenging: 4 sons and one daughter...

You can view the new Strength and Beauty page through the frame (below) or Click Here to see the page in a new browser.

Jeff

Hopefully my pictures and iFrames work as well!

Well, what do you think of my selections?

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article index:http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page:http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog:http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE