The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Some Softness in the Market ? ? ?

Jeff, I think the really NOS/MINT watches will be more and more expensive as time goes by. This is obvious as they become more rare. There will always be people with a lot of money on their bankaccount willing to pay top-dollar for a NOS/MINT-example. I think we'll be seeing some very nice NOS/MINT watches coming up everywhere...also the very rare ones will follow eventually.

The good condition watches will remain at current prices or even drop a little. People with enough money really don't care to spend a little more on a watch when it's MINT or NOS. The normal man in the street (as I am one) will have to see what to do with their money and have to forget about buying MINT/NOS watches for a while. So the gap between a NOS-watch and a used one in good condition will become bigger and bigger in the near future...

US-economical crisis is provoking some negative influences in both UK and European economics too. There's no end in sight yet if you ask me...and just in the Euro-zone I think it just has to begin.

This is just my opinion, ofcourse I could be wrong in this. Anyone else who shares my point of view??

Regards,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE