The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: General watch trend in 15-20 years??? (Sampan)

From my observation, our circle of Vintage Heuer fans are expanding at a much slower pace vs Vintage Rolex Sports collectors.

Collectors of Vintage Rolex Submariners & Sea-Dwellers are soaring higher than before. If we look at recent transaction of 1st/2nd series Submariners (Ref. 6204 & 6536/8), we will all agree that demand is 10x over current supply.

This has resulted some of our vintage Heuer collectors "switching" over to Submariners in view of its over-valued speculation. Will Submariner bubble go burst ? How about the Explorer series ? Apart the Explorer 1st sereis (Ref. 1655), collectors are now letting go 1016 and newer versions at losses. However, the Bubblebacks scene are different. Despite friends being telling me Bubbleback has low demand and dropped in price, we can still come across a decent S/S Bubbleback fetching over USD 4K by serious collector.

In conclusion, I believe vintage Heuer collector like myself evaluate each of my Heuer Chronograph being affordable. With High-grade movement of using Valjoux 72, we enjoy the same quality vs a Daytona Cosmograph. Although a Carrera 12 value may have slight variation, One thing for sure - It is getting difficult to find Nice Carrera 12 in excellent condition ... : )

Sampan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE