The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Auction of McQueen's Monaco . . . Looks Like the Real Th

While it's by no means the most expensive watch at the auction (going by estimates at least), it is dear for a Heuer. But of course, it's the attribution to Steve McQueen that makes proving the provenance most important - they have not gone to extra effort because it's a top-end Heuer, but because of who it belonged to.

It will be an interesting one to watch (no pun intended). There are also watches that belonged to Teddy Roosevelt, Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr in the sale - I wonder which name adds the most value to the watch? That's one of the things that will be most interesting. I fear the ex-Arie Luyendyk will be the poor relation of the "celebrity" watches in the auction, I'm afraid! Though it's a (Rolex) Daytona so maybe the "intrinsic" value of the watch will outweigh the name there anyway...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE