The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Indy?

Anyone ever seen one of these before:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270398657188 ?

Has a lot in connection with the French-made chronos (same caseback and unsigned Valjoux 7765 movement), but has Swiss on the dial as opposed to "Made in France".

I've never seen one in a catalogue, whereas I have seen the French chronos in the 1979 catalogue, but I don't know - the finish seems incredible if it's been put together or redialled. And it has a radially brushed finish that is close to what Heuer refers to as starburst on its mid- to late-70s series chronos. On the other hand, the crown looks to be a replacement as it isn't centred in the cut-out and I'm not sure whether those pushers match the pewter case. But still, I think it's a very handsome watch.

So what do we think? Real, redial or one we only wish Heuer had made?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE