The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Indy?
In Response To: Heuer Indy? ()

Gents, I was also seeing this one, somehow the dial looks original atleast from logo typo and the nice original toning to the luminous, we would have to examine in high res though, best would be a flat side shot, not sure the dial color fits the rest ?! At this price range I reckon nobody would spend much time in faking the dial.
Heuer did timing for Indy and Sebring, so the link between Heuer and Indy was present at this timeframe.
Cheers
Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: Anyone ever seen one of these before:

:
: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270398657188
: ?

: Has a lot in connection with the French-made chronos (same caseback
: and unsigned Valjoux 7765 movement), but has Swiss on the dial
: as opposed to "Made in France".

: I've never seen one in a catalogue, whereas I have seen the French
: chronos in the 1979 catalogue, but I don't know - the finish
: seems incredible if it's been put together or redialled. And it
: has a radially brushed finish that is close to what Heuer refers
: to as starburst on its mid- to late-70s series chronos. On the
: other hand, the crown looks to be a replacement as it isn't
: centred in the cut-out and I'm not sure whether those pushers
: match the pewter case. But still, I think it's a very handsome
: watch.

: So what do we think? Real, redial or one we only wish Heuer had
: made?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE