The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good timing
In Response To: Heuer Indy? ()

Hi Mark,

I was just about to create the same topic. I asked Jeff about this one, but no definitive answer yet.

My concerns were the "Swiss" on the dial, despite being French made. The seller claimed that all of the French Chrono's were like that- which clearly is not the case. I was also concerned because that seller has a track record of selling reprints of Heuer catalogues and guarantee books without being clear that they're not original...

On the positive side, I thought that the script looked very good. I agree that its a heroic re-dial if that's what it is. Some of the hands are similar to the other French Chronos, while others are more like Montreal sub-dial hands

My conclusion/ guess was that it is real and at that price is great value- the seller was looking for almost double that amount for a "Buy It Now".

I asked for a refund if the watch turned out not to be real, but the seller wasn't prepared to offer that, so that was the end of my interest.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE