The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seller Detail.......I have used her.

Hi Guy's,

Have read this post, and thought I would add my experience's.....

Her name is Yvonne Gez, she trades with her husband under the same user ID.

She is connected to various ex-watchmaking employees in Switzerland, and seems to have access
to old store rooms, -don't ask me how?!
She also has a sizeable personal collection.
Here husband was linked to Zenith before LVMH too them over.

-This was my first contact with them.
I was looking to buy a Zenith "Big Blue Square", when she put a NOS example up on ebay.
(This was around 3-4 years ago).
I contacted her, and exchanged several emails.
She was very keen to do a deal outside ebay, and after agreeing a figure I wired her the funds.
The watch arrived with me in the U.K. and was indeed perfect (appart from a minor oil mark on the dial).
Unknown to me, she also described the item as "Watch returned from service", which looking back
actually saved me the import duty. -Now, she didn't have to do that, -so I cannot complain at all.

At the time we were discussing the Blue watch (which was from their private collection) she also mentioned that they had one of the ultra-rare Black dial versions too, hence the sale of the Blue one.
-So, I concluded that they were well connected, to have such a rare Black Zenith, that was NOS.
I could not afford the Black one, but within a few months it too appeared on ebay.
From memory, (I could be wrong) "Kayvan" or "Kayman" or "Kay" (sorry, not sure) discussed buying the Black one on this forum, as he said it was surely the Zenith "Grail"........I seem to remember he did buy it in the end!

So, that's my experience with Yvonne, always happy to do a deal outside ebay, but always ask's way over market value for the Buy It Now option!

Back to the Indy Heuer.........

I emailed Yvonne as soon as it was listed, as I quite fancied it.
-She offered it me for 1200 Euro's.

I said I was looking at a lower figure.
-She said...."Have you ever seen this model before?"

I said "Yes".

(I have actually seen another one of these on ebay before, and I have been racking my brain who listed it!)
-Then I remembered, it was the same seller....Yvonne.
(From memory it was maybe 2 years+ ago).

Now, this could be the very same watch as the previous listing, however, she/they do seem to have a habit of storing several of the same pieces in their collections, so, it could be that there were a couple of these in an old store room that they picked up together?
-This may also account for the Heuer papers/ catalogues?
Did they raid an old store room somewhere, and find a box of them?
-This could be possible as they do seem to have the contacts.
However, if they are connected to ex-watchmakers, then they are going to be able to produce some very well done "custom" pieces too??!!

Bottom line.......I have no idea if the Indy was real or not.
Script was the first thing that looked good to me.
"Swiss" did not put me off, as some French Le Jour's had Swiss on the dial.
-I was willing to take a chance at 6-700, but as you know it went higher.

What did irritate me was the scuffed case..........

I guess in the end it's a case of "Buyer be ware"!

Hope this helps,
Best wishes to everyone,
Gra.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE