The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Gray Manual-Wind Monacos -- my opinion+ interesting info

Hi Jeff,

great overview, thanks. Since recently I am the lucky owner of both 1133g versions and I must say I like them both a lot. I may have a a certain preference for the later version with distinctive black subdials, although the difference in preference is small.
One of the things that I like particularly about these watches is that when you look to the dial from one angle its looks deep black ( both versions), but from another angle grey ( first version) resp. grey with black subdials. My wife even said to me while we were enjoying coffee on a sunny terrace , that the grey turns greenish at certain angles. I assume all these effects have been built in to guarantee a good readibility of the watch under all angles while only having a split second to check it, such as during a car rally for which my father had bought his 1133G in 1970

Well, all in all a very versatile watch with great looks. By the way are there any celebrity photos wearing the 1133G?

Here's also some info which I got from TAG recently: the later version dial for the 1133G (grey-black) is no longer available as replacement dial at TAG. So please be aware of remade versions from now on and think twice before you sell one too cheap.

When I look at the three-subdial versions now I have a stronger preference for the all grey version. For some reason the grey-black version's dial looks very busy to me with different colours, lots of time markers etc etc. That of course is my personal opinion/ taste. What about you..

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE