The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: OK, Gentlemen . . . Time to Update the Price Guide

Sorry Jeff

I meant to also say that if its any help at all I think I have bought about 40 Heuers over the last 18 months & I have details of all the prices I paid & what sources they came from. If its of any use to you I can let you have that. Its includes all 4 silverstones, 2 dato 12, 4 moncaos inc a PVD, 3 Montreals, an assortment of Carreras & a few autavias plus a selection of less valuable Temporadas, Jacky Ickx, French made chronos & a few randon lemons from ebay! Condition ranges from mint to minging.

With the value in boxes & bracelets/straps I reckon that at least some reference should be made to them maybe in a seperate table? I remember that as a total beginner I was clueless as to the value of those & often paid too much for watches that had the wrong accessories.

Perhaps the question to consider is who uses the guide price list most? I dont reckon its the really experienced collectors as you guys already know the price pretty well - its probably the newcomers looking for help? Some of the bands are pretty wide & whilst I know its really difficult to accurately price things maybe they could be narrowed a bit or at least some other bands added at the top & bottom end?

This isnt meant to criticise the current guide in any way - its brilliant & by far the best reference I have ever found on Heuers anywhere & totally invaluable when you start out so you arent totally ripped off. In my view thats its major function in helping those of us who arent experts to get an idea of roughly what the watch is worth.

PS - any watches I own where you can inflate the guide price exhorbitantly would be great so I can get more for them if I ever sell them :)

John

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE