The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Couple of Comments on Rich's Values

Rich's List / Estimates of Values:

1. £4500 genuine NOS [$7,100 / 4,800 Euro]
2. £3750 put together perfect part nos [$5,900 / 4,000 Euro]
3. £3500 mint [$5,530 / 3,750 Euro]
4. £2000 if redial. [$3,150 / 2,150 Euro]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shown above is Rich's list of values. Let me make a couple of comments, in order to provide my opinion on a Rich's estimates of the values.

Let's start with the Number 3. "Aged to Perfection" [Mint] sample . . . I start with this one, because I believe that it is the only one for which we can have some degree of certainty. After all, this is the only one which we can reasonably expect to see . . . if not exactly as I described it, at least we will see some that are close to this "Mint" condition. Rather than selling at $5,500, with bracelet, I believe that this one hits in the $7,000 range (or $6,000 without the bracelet), when sold by a reputable dealer. I provide this estimate with some confidence, because we have actually seen a couple of them move in this range, in the recent past. Shown below is one recently listed by Exotic Watch. Look at the lume . . . look at the hands . . . look at the strength of the print and the marks on the dial. Yes, this one is worth at least $7,000 . . . maybe hitting $7,500; I believe that Rich's estimate of $5,500 (dealer price) is far short of the mark.

Now, some quick comments on the other three, shown in Rich's list of values.

• Rich lists the "True NOS" at $7,100, but I think this is low. Let me point out that in watching these Monacos for almost 10 years, I can say that I do not recall ever seeing a "True NOS" 73633 B Monaco . . . not sure why not. If we were to see one, I would estimate that it would sell for $9,000.

• On the "Put Together NOS", I'm not sure I can recall seeing many of these, but imagine a perfect dial ($1,500), a perfect case and bracelet ($2,000), perfect hands and needles ($?,???), and the movement . . . put it all together, fully disclose what you are selling, and my guess is that Rich is pretty close, at $6,000.

• And now we get to the one that started this whole discussion . . . some might call it "New Old Something" . . . others might call it "New Old Sh*t" . . . I can't tell you what it really is, or how it came to be that way, but I would estimate that it sells in the $3,000 to $4,000 range . . . again, if it is accurately described.

So here's my list:

1. True NOS . . . $9,000
  2. Put Together NOS, fully disclosed as such . . . $6,000
  3. Aged to Perfection / Mint . . . $7,000 to $7,500
  4. New Old Sh*t . . . $3,000 to $4,000

This has been a fun couple of threads . . . now, let's all go out and find (or assemble) that NOS beauty!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE