The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fair Market Value (FMV) vs What I Would Pay (WIWP)
In Response To: thoughts... ()

yes, these are very different measures . . . and I was trying to provide estimates of the FMVs.

personally, I would underpay slightly for the true NOS or put-together NOS, since I wear everything that I collect. At the other end of the spectrum, I would pay very little for the New Old Something / New Old Sh*t . . . I wouldn't wear it, and I can't imagine how I would sell it, so the purchase price would be closer to zero than to the $3,000 to $4,000 estimated FMV.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff - don't disagree with your opinion at all, however i was
: coming from the slant of "what i would bid" which was
: an option in your original post. I should have written as such
: on my original post, my fault. Agree your prices are close to
: what dealers would ask. In my experience that Spanish dealer
: does not move his Monacos on very often (or quickly) at his
: listed prices...

: Yep, lets find some nos Monacos, they are very difficult to pin
: down values wise but i'd never want to keep one (as i'm a wearer
: not a safe keeper!) so the valuation uplift isn't as large in my
: eyes as it is for some (and no hard evidence to back it up)

: on: Rich's List / Estimates of Values:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE