The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
YATKOA

You are the king of abbreviations Jeff - no doubt about it!

My prices would be broadly similar except i agree nos would be a chunk higher at a retailer. However i think most retailers are not FMV as you put it (some are of course). I'm sure we will have ample opportunity over the coming years to value nos Heuers, they are bound to come to the market sooner or later, especially as prices have increased over the years.

That will be interesting to see...

R

: yes, these are very different measures . . . and I was trying to
: provide estimates of the FMVs.

: personally, I would underpay slightly for the true NOS or
: put-together NOS, since I wear everything that I collect. At the
: other end of the spectrum, I would pay very little for the New
: Old Something / New Old Sh*t . . . I wouldn't wear it, and I
: can't imagine how I would sell it, so the purchase price would
: be closer to zero than to the $3,000 to $4,000 estimated FMV.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE