The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Silverstone rarer but...

I understand about the film links etc and although I appreciate both Richard and Mark's views I am a fan of Monaco, Silverstone and certain Autavia's. Carrera's I have to say, sorry Mark, don't do much for me. Maybe because in my short time as a collector, I've never held a vintage Carrera.

Mark, I agree with you to a point about the E-type and it's interesting to use that as an example. If you look at small, individual details such as the windscreen, and the length of the bonnet as you suggested, yes, it does a look a big odd. Overall, as a whole design though, it all gels together and I think it's a beautifull shape. Not as good as Ferrari's of the same era, totally with you on that. Going back to watch talk, I think the design of Silverstone is fantastic; the shape of the case, the kinks in the edges and the dial layout. In my opinion, I think it's one of the most striking watches Heuer made. So distinctive. I guess the great thing about Heuer, and collecting them, is there is there something for everyones taste and I for one, love 'em.

David H

: Mark - you know you had me going with the Carrera's, but you lost
: me at bashing the E-Type.
: Traded my 1967 MGBGT in on a 1969 E-Type and $68/month for 36
: months in 1973 while going to Cornell.
: Kept it for 30 years and finally sold it when I started my hunt for
: the 1989 930 Targa. Which sadly is now a garage queen in
: Texas. I am stuck riding weekends on my Chopper

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE