The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The Autavia renaissance
In Response To: The Autavia renaissance ()

I too agree - the Autavia has come in late in my collection but since then I have bought almost nothing but Autavias and the 'abelised' 11063V is right now on my wrist by the way.
They seem to have epitomized over almost 30 years the best of Heuer, and have all aged gracefully over time.
In the end Autavia's style evolved with a distinctive consistence and they have probably embedded the best of Heuer in terms of movements and styles.e
I seem to like more the very early styles (the Siffert and the Viceroy) and the latest, big-size latest 11063V cased.
On the other hand I don't find re-issues Autavia appealing for the fact they sport the 'TAG-Heuer' shield and they have the continuous second counter - reasons why I am only into Cal.12 automatic Autavias and not the manuals, however appealing their style is.
Finally coming down to my favourite three - picking five would be difficult, as I like most but from the 4th downwards it'd be almost even for all...

1. Autavia 11063V (advertised as '11630MH' on catalogues) brushed case, black dial
2. Autavia 1163V Viceroy
3. Autavia 1163T Siffert

Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE