The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: New Member w/ Autavia

Wow, that graphic is impressive! I've spent the past few days reading through here and OTD and the amount of information is astounding. A lot a work and time has been put into all of this.

I was able to visit with my grandfather today and show him the watch. He told me that his dad had ordered it new, and it was his daily wearer. He was a pilot, so after reading the Autavia history, this watch selection makes sense. My grandfather was thrilled to hear that I was planning on having it put back together and start wearing it. I'm even more excited to get it up and running so I can show it to him.

Sorry to keep bombarding everyone with questions, but I have some more:

-What is the correct crystal for this watch? In this collection there are thousands of watch crystals, so I thought I might be able to match one up to send off with the watch.

-I notice here and other forums that people are often hesitant to post serial numbers in their entirety. Why?

When I first found this watch, I liked it immediately and thought it would be a great watch to wear, but was afraid it was nothing special and not worth the effort of having put back together. I am very grateful that I found good advice as to its. I have absolutely fallen in love with this watch and its history, and now the family history.

Ty

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE