The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
More Advice
In Response To: go by feedback ONLY! ()

I've been on ebay for about six years, with feedback in the 200 range . . . most of these transactions are watches or watch-related.

I agree with what is written above --

• feedback is the most useful information;
  • if not much feedback on seller, then you have to do your own homework (e-mails or even phone calls)
  • very rare to have complete rip-off (empty box or worthless watch), but some percentage (maybe 10%) will have overstated condition / description . . . this is part of the experience
  • ask loads of questions before you bid
  • study the pictures, then study them again
  • buy the insurance
  • when you open the box, be careful with knife / scissors (adrenalin / excitement has cost me two sliced leather straps)

let us know how you do.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Ask tons of questions & get pics of every
: detail.

: If they don't respond or are rude walk.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE