The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
more for the paranoid
In Response To: More Advice ()

If you want to be a bit more careful, look a bit deeper into the feedback to see what recent seller transactions look like. I think I can remember some watches which looked too good to be true where the guy has some positive feedback (say 30-40) but only been on ebay few months and all the entries are where the guy buys a pencil for 25c or batteries for $1 or something trivial like that.

But I would echo the guys, I've had some disappointments but no cases of outright not receiving the watch (so far). And many of the disappointments come from "irrational exuberance" in my bidding and expectations.

Oh yes, and if you are collecting Heuers, 30 mins of researching OtD a week is a decent vacination against fakes & frankens.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE