The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I am vintage Omega biased not without reasons

Hi Equilibrium

Biased? Add that Iam also very vintage Omega biased but not without reasons.
Do you prefer a pure marketing or fashion product instead something reliable and very durable this is the question that I ask to someone when he wants to buy something.
AP and Patek are maybe very well finished watches but they aren't intended for rough use and their movements are extremely fragile, they need too much TLC. Everyone knows that Eta was never a prestigious manufacturer and that odler Omega movements are quality and durability speaking far superior to Etas.
Like I said before, an older of Omega with a 100% inhouse movement will last decades as compared to an eta powered watch. I have rarely seen old watches with old etas ticking well if not never. When it comes to movements in terms of quality, there are often two names that come to my mind, Omega (mostly for its vintage movements) and Rolex (for both vinatge and modern).
Do you honestely think that I consider Breitling, Paneraļ, Eterna, Tag Heuer, Martin Braun, Alain Silberstein, Blu and other firms as something special? No and I never will because they just case an eta movement, engrave it and don't propose a movement which is innovative or which is made to last. I personnally prefer to have a vintage watch with a true inhouse movement of a higher quality than a watch with a movement that I see everywhere or with a too fragile movement.But once again it is up to the person wether he wants to buy a pure marketing product which is not made to last than a quality product.
To each their own

best regards

georges

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE