The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Why the heck is it your "DUTY"
In Response To: You are in Denial! ()

: It is my DUTY to let people who read in this
: site (which is very Omega biased) become
: aware of Omega's SHORTCOMINGS!!!

Helloooooooooooo!!!!!!!! This is an OMEGA forum, of course its Omega biased. You know Watch Guy, its not the subject, its the delivery. Clearly there are others that have the same criticism of the brand, like Chuck M. and George Z., but its done a little more tastefully and with a degree of facts that are extremely lacking in your posts. I like to refer to it as healthy criticism.

This is an open discussion forum, so say what the hell you want to, but outright ranting without any factual information or statistics is just Trolling and is not welcome. Your venting frustration of your Omega ownership experience is not "healthy" criticism, but more like the ramblings of a jilted individual.

Tone down the negativity a little. If you want to criticize, then fine. Embellish a little on what happend to your Omega(s), how you feel that the modifications they do to the base 2892 A2 are causing the problems with the movement, or that Omega's quality control has gone downhill, with maybe some stats, insider knowledge, etc., but just to say: "OMEGA sucks, all other brands are better, go buy a Breitling" is not a very good delivery method.

And last, but not least, why is it your DUTY to inform? As I said in my earlier post, I have 3 Omega's, none of which have had any problem. If your Omega had performed without a problem, would you be on this forum singing Omega praises with equal "enthusiasm"? Let us make up our own minds, we are all intelligent enough to do so.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE